Transportation & Infrastructure
Viviana Janer is focused on investing in our infrastructure, improving public transportation and fixing our roads & traffic congestion. Accomplishments include:
- Orange Avenue widened and redesigned.
- Added more Lynx Bus service routes, decreased wait times, and added Sunday Service on certain routes.
- Has resurfaced over 44 miles of residential roads in District 2, with more planned.
- SunRail commuter train recently opened 3 stations in Osceola.
- Simpson Road Widening Project Engineering & Design is underway.
- Over $1.8M in Stormwater & Drainage improvements done in District 2, and an additional $2.5M in grant funding has been secured for additional improvements to come.
Public Safety is and always will be a priority for your Commissioner Viviana Janer as evidenced by the endorsements from:
- Russ Gibson, Osceola County Sheriff
- Police Benevolent Association of Central Florida
- Osceola Fire Fighters IAFF Local3284
Since Viviana has been in office:
- New Fire Station in BVL – OPENED
- New Sheriff Office Training Facility—OPENED
- New Fire Rescue Training Facility—OPENING 2018
- Sponsored event to Get Guns off our Streets—SUMMER 2018
- Traffic signals installed or in progress at dangerous intersections.
As your Commissioner, Viviana has worked hard to bring Affordable Housing to our Community!
Viviana Janer is getting results for us:
- Viviana championed for Cameron Preserve Affordable Housing Development – Opening August 2018, rents ranging $355-$785.
- Rapid Housing Down Payment Rental Assistance Program – Since Viviana has been in office, over $3 Million has been given to assist families getting out of hotels and into permanent homes or to avoid evictions.
- $1 Million for Affordable Housing – In April, Viviana was key to getting $1 Million designated to assist with affordable housing and address a severe lack of workforce housing.
Quality of Life
Quality of Life
Viviana Janer has fought to provide better services for our citizens:
- Worked to keep the Low Cost BVL Health Clinic open after state funding was cut.
- Robert Guevara Community Center was renovated inside and new landscaping adorns the exterior.
- Senior Eye Glass program to bridge the gap in Medicare.
- Several District 2 parks were completely renovated, including one designed by the children and built by volunteers in partnership with other organizations.
- There are new parks under construction including a dog park and an Osceola County 1st– an all-inclusive park designed with children on the autism spectrum in mind.
- Championed E-Cigarette Ordinance prohibiting sales to minors as well as ensuring the health & well-being of our citizens limiting e-cigarette use in certain locations.
- Senior Zumba Lessons, new domino tables and more options at the Community Center.
Vote for Viviana
We’ve made a lot of progress, but Viviana Janer would like to do even more!
With your support, Viviana will continue to work to provide more affordable housing options for our workforce, high- wage jobs close to home, and expand educational opportunities for our community.
Jobs & Education
Viviana Janer believes the most important investment we can make is in our children.
- The Library is a cornerstone in our community which is why Viviana ensured that the Buenaventura Lakes Branch was renovated, and features were added such as early learning stations, 3-D printers & free educational classes for both children and adults.
- Technology Jobs are Good for Osceola–Osceola County’s Partnership with UCF to build BRIDG at NeoCity FL has already shown results! This high-tech research facility will house the next wave of technology development focused around Sensor Technology. This collaboration is estimated to bring 10,000 jobs over the next 10 years to Osceola.
- Education Options for All Our Citizens —To ensure our community can fill the jobs at our new facility, Valencia and Osceola partnered to create the Advanced Manufacturing Training Facility. This campus will train the next wave of workers for the BRIDG at NeoCity FL and prepare students for high paying jobs close to home. Additionally, thinking of our children, Osceola donated land next to the BRIDG facility to the School District for the creation of an advanced STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) High School.